Performance verification is nearing completion on new zero-emissions fuel cell-electric terminal tractors, and a first-of a kind pilot project is preparing to launch.
Plug Power and Universal Hydrogen Expand Partnership to Include Investment and Global Green Hydrogen Supply for AviationMarch 2, 2021 | 5 min read March 2, 2021 | 5 min read
- Together the companies will complete the hydrogen value chain for aviation
LATHAM, N.Y. and LOS ANGELES — Plug Power Inc. (NASDAQ: PLUG), a leading provider of turnkey hydrogen solutions building the global green hydrogen economy, today announced an expansion of the relationship with Universal Hydrogen Co., a pioneer in hydrogen aviation.
AFC Energy (AIM: AFC), a leading provider of hydrogen power generation technologies, is pleased to announce its results for the year ended 31 October 2020. Highlights of those results are as follows.
- The Group’s first overseas fuel cell system facility, HTWO Guangzhou, breaks ground today
- Guangdong Province secretary Li Xi, Guangdong Province Governor Ma Xing Rui and Hyundai Motor Group Chairman Euisun Chung attended the virtual groundbreaking ceremony
- HTWO Guangzhou will initially produce 6,500 fuel cell systems per year and aims to gradually increase capacity in line with market demand
- HTWO Guangzhou aims to complete construction in the second half of 2022
- Investment advances the Group’s global hydrogen leadership and supports its push into China’s rapidly growing hydrogen industry
- The Group will help foster the hydrogen economy and realize global carbon neutrality
Hexagon Purus Signs Joint Venture Agreements With Cimc Enric for China and Southeast Asia, the World’s Largest Zero Emission Hydrogen Vehicle and Distribution MarketMarch 2, 2021 | 5 min read March 2, 2021 | 5 min read
- CIMC Enric and Hexagon Purus today signed two joint venture (JV) agreements that encompass cylinder and systems production for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEVs) and hydrogen distribution in China and Southeast Asia.
- The Chinese market for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEVs) is expected to grow to become the largest global market over the next decade and beyond.
- Initially, the CIMC-HEXAGON JVs will expand CIMC Enric’s existing production and systems capacity for Type 3 (T3) cylinders and in parallel install Type 4 (T4) cylinder production and systems capacity for the Chinese market.
- The JVs expect to start production of high-pressure T3 fuel storage in 2021.
- Production line capacity will be designed to accommodate approximately 100,000 cylinders per annum, in a first stage towards the middle of the decade. Construction of the new facility is expected to commence as early as the second quarter 2021.
- ITM Power is recruiting 80 engineers
- Positions will be at the Company’s newly opened Gigafactory in Sheffield
In a major boost to the economy in South Yorkshire, Sheffield based ITM Power, the energy storage and clean fuel company, is pleased to announce that the Company is currently recruiting up to 80 qualified and experienced engineers.
NASA-Awarded Air-Cooled Hydrogen Fuel Cell System Will Achieve Up to 2,000 Watts Per Kilogram of Specific Power and Up to 1,500 Watt-Hours Per Kilogram of Energy Density; Full-Scale Versions Will Begin Shipping to Aviation and eVTOL Customers in 2022