New Delhi–Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday formally announced the launch of a National Hydrogen Mission to accelerate plans to generate the carbon-free fuel from renewables as he set a target of 2047 for India to achieve self-reliance in energy.
An agreement has been signed by the Ministry of Energy and Minerals to establish the national hydrogen alliance.
TAQA Arabia Signs MoU with MAN Energy Solutions for Egyptian Green-Hydrogen Project for Tourist BusesAugust 12, 2021 | 3 min read August 12, 2021 | 3 min read
thyssenkrupp Supports Emirati Company Helios Industry in Green Hydrogen and Green Ammonia Value Chain DevelopmentAugust 10, 2021 | 3 min read August 10, 2021 | 3 min read
- thyssenkrupp technology and study know-how for first green hydrogen and green ammonia project in Abu Dhabi
- Helios to operate the first green ammonia plant in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
thyssenkrupp has been awarded a contract to perform a technical study for a new green hydrogen and green ammonia project by the Emirati company Helios.
Issa Mahmoud of the GHD stated that the GCC countries have a unique opportunity to prepare the emerging green hydrogen industry for success from its inception by applying lessons learned from the well-established oil and gas sector, and emerging blending techniques to reduce the burden of carbon emissions, and that this industry may help the GCC countries to provide About $200 billion, and create one million jobs by 2050.
The Solar Energy Corporation of India has issued a tender to set up a 25 kW green hydrogen pilot project at SNM Hospital in Leh, Ladakh.
• GEV has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the partners of the HyEnergy Project to undertake a feasibility study on the export of green hydrogen.
• The study will evaluate the technical feasibility and delivered cost of green hydrogen exports to nominated Asia-Pacific markets utilising GEV’s compressed hydrogen marine supply chain.
• The purpose of the study is to provide the partners of the HyEnergy Project with sufficient confidence to warrant the selection of GEV’s C-H2 marine transport supply chain as a preferred export method in the next phase of project engineering.
New Delhi–Trains powered by hydrogen have begun to be developed by the Indian Railways. Indian Railways has invited bids for retrofitting Hydrogen Fuel Cell (HCF) technology onto 89 km of the Sonipat-Jind section of Northern Railway using hydrogen fuel cells.
- In a joint venture, Shell China and Shanghai Electric are developing green hydrogen.
According to the agreement, the companies are allowed to explore carbon capture and storage facilities to reduce emissions from grey hydrogen production.
As a fuel, hydrogen has a critical role to play in driving the paradigm shift towards a green and sustainable economy.