DURHAM, N.C. & SHANGHAI–Wolfspeed, Inc. (NYSE: WOLF), the global leader in Silicon Carbide technology, today announced that ZINSIGHT Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., an innovator of advanced electric drive systems, will utilize Wolfspeed® 1200V Silicon Carbide MOSFETs in its advanced motor controller for ultra-high-speed air compressors in fuel cell vehicle (FCV) engines.
The Flemish government will invest 106.3 million euros in five major hydrogen projects. Flemish Minister for Innovation and Economy Hilde Crevits (CD&V) announced this on Monday during a press conference in the Leuven research center imec.
Airborne Continues to Support Forze Hydrogen Racing Team on Developing Their Newest Hydrogen Car: Forze IXOctober 19, 2021 | 2 min read October 19, 2021 | 2 min read
Forze Hydrogen Electric Racing is a team of students from the Delft University of Technology who design, build and race fuel cell racing cars to promote hydrogen technology.
Clean Hydrogen is Coming for Fleet Operators with Project Beehive Plan for Distributed Hydrogen Production Hub & Fueling Station in UtahOctober 19, 2021 | 5 min read October 19, 2021 | 5 min read
- Project Beehive sees UIPA partner with Dominion Energy, BayoTech and Lancer Energy
- Initiative will support clean heavy-duty transportation and logistics fleets converting to zero-emissions technologies
- Cleaner alternative to diesel fuel will improve regional air quality and support sustainability goals
October – Hydrogen is coming to the ports and shipping sector in a big way as operators realize it is a feasible solution to decarbonize the movement of goods. Now fleet operators looking to decarbonize their operations in Utah will have a zero-emission solution at hand, with the announcement of plans by the Utah Inland Port Authority (“UIPA”) to advance the development of a clean hydrogen hub.
- Decision by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is a major step in delivering the UK’s ambition of the first net zero industrial cluster by 2040.
- A collaboration between Northern Endurance Partnership, Net Zero Teesside and Zero Carbon Humber, the East Coast Cluster aims to remove nearly 50% of all UK Industrial cluster CO2 emissions.
- By deploying CCUS across the Humber and Teesside, the East Coast Cluster aims to create and support an average of 25,000 jobs per year between 2023 and 2050.
The East Coast Cluster (ECC) has been named as one of the UK’s first carbon capture, usage and storage clusters following a successful bid to the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
- This will be Europe’s largest ever investment in electrolysis projects to make green hydrogen with the potential to transform zero carbon hydrogen production across Europe.
- INEOS, through its INOVYN business is already Europe’s largest existing operator of electrolysis, the critical technology necessary to produce green hydrogen for power generation, transportation, and industrial use
- JCB is investing £100 million on a project to produce super-efficient hydrogen engines, the company announced.
A team of 100 engineers is already working on the exciting development with the recruitment of up to 50 more engineers under way as JCB targets the end of 2022 for the first machines to be available for sale to customers.
BHP and South Korea’s POSCO, one of the world’s largest steelmakers, today announced a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to jointly explore greenhouse gas emissions reduction technologies in integrated steelmaking.
Dresden–Sunfire, a global leader in the development and production of industrial electrolyzers, has secured €109 million ($125 million) of new funding in its Series D round from a consortium of investors led by Lightrock and Planet First Partners, and including Carbon Direct Capital Management, HydrogenOne Capital, and existing shareholders. The new investment will further strengthen Sunfire’s leading position in the rapidly growing market for green hydrogen technologies.
Hyundai Glovis, a global SCM specialist, is accelerating the establishment of a liquid hydrogen supply chain by establishing a cooperative system with Air Products, a global industrial gas leader.