Aisin Seki recently announced that it will be selling a remodeled version of the "ENE-FARM type S" household fuel cell generation system as of April 1st 2016.
The new "ENE-FARM type S", will be sold by Osaka Gas Co., Ltd., Kyocera Corporation and the Toyota Motor Corporation Co., Ltd.
Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture, President: Soichiro Kunii said "We will strive to develop the technology and reduce the cost of "ENE-FARM type S" fuel cell units. We will also continue our efforts to further promote and improvement the technology and provide our customers a comfortable living while realizing the impact on global environment.
The main features of the new untis are as follows:
The world's highest power generation efficiency
- "ENE-FARM type S", which is also referred to as SOFC (solid oxide fuel cell), uses ceramics in the cell stack thus has the abitlity to operate at a high temperature of 700 ~ 750 ℃, it is possible to realize a high power generation efficiency than the PEFC (polymer electrolyte fuel cell).
- The new product, compared to the current "ENE-FARM type S", to reduce the loss of heat generated at the time of power generation, power generation efficiency of the current product ※ 2 increased 5.5% from 46.5%, the world's highest ※ 3 52% of the ( was realized the city gas 13A).
The world's smallest Unit
- As a result of increasing the power generation efficiency, since the waste heat is reduced, to reduce the size of the hot water storage tank to store the waste heat of the current product from 90L to 28L, was built into the power generation unit.
- This makes it possible to eliminate the exhaust heat hot-water supply and heating unit by it to a normal hot water heater thus creating the world's smallest body size.
- By reducing the size the unit can be easily installed in a collective housing, such as apartments,single-family homes.
High environmental Issues to Achieve
- In the new product, hot-water heating system compared to the old system, about 1.9 tons of CO2 emissions per year can be reduced.
- During a power failure the self-supporting power generation output has been improved from 350W to 700W, allowing for much more power can be in the event of a power failure.