Brussels–Today, Hydrogen Europe announced the appointment of Jon André Løkke as President of the Board of Directors. Løkke has been working in the renewables and fast-growing industries for the past 20 years. Since 2016, he has been CEO of Nel Hydrogen.
The new president Løkke commented on the designation: “I am honoured and humbled by the appointment, and I would like to thank the Hydrogen Europe Board for the trust. The time for hydrogen is now, it is paramount to accelerate, scale-up, reduce costs, and collaboration will be fundamental to achieve this. With my experience and background, I hope to contribute and support Hydrogen Europe’s vision as well as the team and the rest of the Board.”
Løkke succeeds Valerie Bouillon-Delporte, Hydrogen Ecosystem Director, Michelin. Hydrogen Europe would like to take this opportunity to thank Ms Bouillon-Delporte for her dedication and commitment during her presidency. Much has been achieved under her tenure, and her thoughtful leadership made it possible to see incredible growth of the association, hydrogen has moved from a niche sector to be a recognised central pillar of the energy transition.
“At the beginning of my presidency I mentioned Herman Hesse who said, in every beginning, there is something magic. I have to rectify myself: during the last four years there has been magic and I think we all feel it and can see the outcome of this magical time in which I had the honour to chair this association. I would like to sincerely thank all the Board members and the team of Hydrogen Europe. Let’s grasp the opportunity of this once in a lifetime situation for our companies, for hydrogen, for Europe and for future generations.” said Ms Bouillon Delporte in her farewell speech.
Together with the new President, new Board members were also elected:
• Glenn Llewellyn, VP Zero-Emission Aircraft, Airbus representing techno provider
• Gerrit Marx, President Commercial and Speciality Vehicles, CNH Industrial representing transport
• Melissa Verykios, CEO, Helbio Technologies representing SME
• Gunnar Groebler, CEO, Salzgitter representing industry
• Christelle Werquin, General Delegate, French National Association representing national associations
who join the other Board members:
• Hege Rognø, Head of Low Carbon O&G Technologies, Equinor ASA representing industry
• René Schutte, Program Manager Hydrogen, Gasunie representing energy
• Didier Stevens, Senior Manager European and Government Affairs, Toyota Motor Europe representing transport
• Oliver Weinmann, Managing Director, Vattenfall Europe Innovation GmbH representing energy – Treasurer
• Aivars Starikovs, Chairman of the Board, Latvian Hydrogen Association representing national associations
The Board also agreed on proposing René Schutte of Gasunie as the candidate for the Governing Board Chair of the public-private partnership: “I am looking forward to securing continuity and to pave the way for the new partnership.”
Hydrogen Europe’s Secretary-General Jorgo Chatzimarkakis added that “During the last years Hydrogen Europe has increased its members, staff, and relevance. Thank you to Ms Bouillon Delporte leadership, we have now the association on the right track to underpin the role of hydrogen as the other leg of the energy transition. Welcome to Mr Løkke and Mr Schutte to jointly lead the association and the Board members, in order to implement our vision to propel global carbon neutrality by accelerating the European hydrogen industry!”
Hydrogen Europe is the European association representing the interest of the hydrogen and fuel cell industry and its stakeholders. It promotes hydrogen as an enabler of a zero-emission society. With more than 260 companies and 27 national associations as members, our association encompasses the entire value chain of the European hydrogen and fuel cell ecosystem collaborating with the European Commission in the Fuel Cell Hydrogen Joint Undertaking. For further information, please visit www.hydrogeneurope.eu or contact [email protected]