July 11th @ 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm/Free
The launch of the H21 Leeds City Gate project report on Monday 11 July at IMechE, 1 Birdcage Walk, London.
This project has nationwide significance. It has examined the feasibility of substituting hydrogen for natural gas in Leeds, one of the UK’s largest cities. A subsequent incremental rollout across the UK would reduce carbon emissions from homes to zero making a huge contribution to the Climate Change Act’s target of an 80% reduction by 2050.
The event will showcase the results of the project, answering the following questions:
- Is it practically possible and economically viable to decarbonise the UK gas grid with hydrogen?
- When could conversion take place – in Leeds and then across all major UK cities?
- What contribution would nationwide roll out of green hydrogen make to overall UK-wide emissions reduction?
- Would there be any impact on customers’ bills and how might any increase be managed?
- What would be the implications for household gas appliances and how would any conversion be accomplished with minimum disruption?
- How would a secure source of hydrogen be established to supply heat for UK cities?
As well as launching this new report, there will be a short film outlining the report’s main findings. There will then be an opportunity for questions to leading members of the project team and stakeholders.
A light lunch will be served at 12 noon, with formal proceedings starting at 1pm. The event will run until 2.30pm, followed by refreshments until 3.30pm.
To reserve your place, please RSVP to John Heath by emailing H21Launch@connectpa.co.uk or call 020 7592 9490.