Metacon contributes to the green hydrogen market’s transformation and saw rapid sales growth in 2022. The board and CEO of Metacon AB (publ) hereby issue the Year-end report for (January 1 – December 31) 2022.
Fourth quarter in summary (Group)
- Revenues amounted to 12 250 (11 741) kSEK
- Earnings before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounted to -12 173 (-6 204) kSEK
- Operating income (EBIT) amounted to 5 575 (-16 959) kSEK. Earnings were positively impacted by a one-off effect of 27 700 kSEK due to an adjusted accounting policy* regarding the recognition of goodwill on additional investments in subsidiaries. Adjusted operating income amounted to -22 125 thousand (-16 959) kSEK
- Profit/loss after financial items amounted to 2 732 (-17 030) kSEK. Adjusted for the one-off effect, profit after financial items amounted to -24 968 (-17 030) kSEK
- Earnings per share amounted to 0.01 (-0.06) SEK. Adjusted for the one-off effect, earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.07 (-0.06)
Full year 2022 in summary (Group)
- Revenues amounted to 67 145 (13 733) kSEK
- Earnings before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounted to -35 173 (-22 383) kSEK
- Operating income (EBIT) amounted to -47 371 (-39 105) kSEK. Earnings were positively affected by a one-off effect of 27,700 kSEK due to adjusted accounting principles. Adjusted operating income amounted to -75 071 thousand (-39 105) kSEK
- Profit/loss after financial items amounted to -50 436 (-34 397) kSEK. Adjusted for the one-off effect, profit/loss after financial items amounted to -78 136 (-34 397) kSEK.
- The Board of Directors proposes that no dividend is to be paid for the 2022 financial year
Significant events during the period 1 October – 31 December, 2022
- On November 18, Metacon announced that it has achieved CE marking approval for the first generation reforming-based hydrogen generator HHG 40.
- On November 21, Metacon announced that it, in collaboration with Hydroholding, is delivering another small-scale hydrogen filling station (HRS) in Slovakia.
- On November 25, it was announced that Metacon and the Abwasserverband Kempten (Allgäu) water treatment plant have signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the demonstration of green hydrogen from biogas with Metacon’s reformer technology in Kempten.
- On December 8, Metacon announced that it has signed a Master Supply Agreement (MSA) with Ground Investment Corp SRL as supplier to a turnkey 10 MW green hydrogen project.
Significant events after the end of the reporting period
- On January 24, 2023, Metacon announced that it has signed an MoU with the State Forest RDSF in Poland for a turnkey hydrogen project with a total capacity of approximately 5 MW.
This information is information that Metacon AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person below, on 16 February 2023 at 08:00 CET.
Read the most up to date Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Industry news at FuelCellsWorks
About Metacon AB (publ)
Metacon AB (publ) develops and manufactures energy systems for the production of hydrogen, heat and electricity. The products in the Reforming business area are based, among other things, on a patented technology that generates hydrogen through so-called catalytic steam reforming of biogas or other hydrocarbons. The development of Metacon’s reforming products is done within the wholly owned subsidiary Helbio S.A: which is a spin-off from the University of Patra, Greece and was founded by Professor Xenophon Verykios in 2001. From the very beginning, the business has focused on catalysts and advanced reformers for highly efficient hydrogen production.
Metacon also offers complete filling stations for hydrogen and system solutions and facilities for the production of hydrogen through so-called electrolysis, a large and globally growing area for small- and large-scale production of green hydrogen. Electrolysis is a process of starting and driving a chemical reaction to cleave water by adding electricity. If the electricity used is non-fossil and green, hydrogen will also be completely climate neutral and green. Green hydrogen can be used in, among other areas, the transport sector, the basic industry and the real estate sector with a better environment and climate as a result.www.metacon.com