Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electricity Benefits include:
- Fuel cells can eliminate pollution caused by burning fossil fuels; for hydrogen fuel cells, the only by-product at point of use is water and oxygen.
- Since hydrogen can be produced anywhere where there is water, organic matter and a source of power, generation of fuel can be distributed and does not have to be grid-dependent.
- Fuel cells do not need conventional fuels such as oil or gas and can therefore reduce economic dependence on oil producing countries, creating greater energy security for the user nation.
- Fuel cells have a higher efficiency than diesel or gas engines, which currently generate much of the electrical power in Liberia.
- The use of stationary fuel cells to generate power at the point of use allows for a decentralized power grid that is potentially more stable.
- Operating times are much longer than with batteries, since doubling the operating time needs only doubling the amount of fuel and not the doubling of the capacity of the unit itself.
- The maintenance of fuel cells is simple since there are few moving parts in the system.
Commenting on the partnership with Ally Hi-Tech, Mr. Kenneth Templeton, PSCM Energy, CEO, stated that 'Our strategic alliance with Ally Hi-Tech gives PSCM Energy another world changing energy technology in our arsenal. We look forward to working with Ally Hi-Tech to deploy systems in the USA, Liberia and around the world beginning in 2019. Also commenting was Ms. Xin Zhang, PSCM Energy International Relationship Manager who stated that 'Our relationship with Ally Hi-Tech has grown since our meetings in Chengdu and the time we spent together working on the Liberia project. We look forward to a long lasting and profitable relationship in the future.For example, the PSCM Energy has an agreement to deploy a minimum of 25 Megawatts (mW) of hydrogen fuel cell generated power in Liberia. To our knowledge, this will be the largest Hydrogen powered Fuel Cell Electricity generation facilities ever build worldwide.
Additional negotiations are underway to deploy systems in other parts of Africa, USA and Canada. Construction of the first site is set to be started in Monrovia, Liberia in the first quarter of 2019.
About PSCM Energy
PSCM Energy is headquartered in Cedar Park, Texas, and provides innovative, clean energy solutions to customers worldwide. In addition to oil desulphurization projects, PSCM offers cutting edge landfill and sewage waste to energy solutions, electricity generation solutions for off and on-grid customers and in addition, hydrogen energy solutions. PSCM Energy recently announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Liberia for Waste to Energy and Electricity Generation projects.
To learn more about PSCM Energy, please visit: www.pscmenergy.com .
About Ally Hi-Tech
Ally Hi-Tech, is headquartered in Chengdu, China. Ally Hi-Tech offers new approaches and equipment for producing hydrogen that are both cost-effective and environmentally friendly. Ally Hi-Tech has a strong technical strength in Hydrogen generation from Coal, Steam Methane reforming (SMR) of natural gas, Methanol cracking, PSA decarbonization, COG purification and extracting hydrogen, and especially in hydrogen generation technology research and development.
Ally Hi-Tech has contracted major Chinese National projects such as the2008 Beijing Olympic Games, the 2010 Shanghai World Expo, the Xichang Satellite Launch Center, the Hainan Satellite Launch Center and the Beijing Aerospace Laboratory. Ally Hi-Tech has also awarded over 25 China National Patents and has exported over 36 sets of Hydrogen generation equipment to Southeast Asia, and is a qualified supplier for the fortune global 500 industrial gas companies.
To learn more about Ally Hi-Tech, please visit: http://www.allygas.com/en/