The idea of having UK homes powered by hydrogen became quite vivid over a decade ago when the first hydrogen-powered home was opened in Lye, near Stourbridge in the West Midlands. Fast forward to today, the British government is proposing a green revolution to have UK homes powered by energy-efficient options. But to the surprise of many in the energy industry, the initiative didn’t include hydrogen. This begs the question: does the government see hydrogen as a solution to net-zero home heating?
The Heating and Hotwater Industry Council (HHIC) has written to the Prime Minister confirming they have reached agreement in principle with UK boiler manufacturers, that they will support any future UK Government legislation which mandates all new models of domestic boilers to be “hydrogen-ready” from 2025. This commitment is several years ahead of similar action being proposed within the EU.
The second AGROLA hydrogen filling station in Switzerland went into operation recently in Rothenburg (LU). At all AGROLA hydrogen filling stations, only green hydrogen is offered, which comes from 100 percent renewable energies.
NEW YORK (Reuters) – Investor and philanthropist Bill Gates said at a virtual conference on Monday that cheap green hydrogen would be a “huge deal” in helping the energy transition but added that its so-called green premium will factor into its use.
A new energy group dedicated to putting Greater Brighton at the forefront of a hydrogen fuel revolution has been established.
Siemens Energy and Intermountain Power Agency Drive Transition to Sustainable Energy Through Study of Hydrogen Energy Storage at a Utility-Scale Power Plant in UtahMarch 1, 2021 | 3 min read March 1, 2021 | 3 min read
- Project to advance industry vision of cost-efficient and CO2-free power generation using hydrogen in gas turbines
- One of four Siemens Energy projects funded by the U.S. Department of Energy to further decarbonization of the U.S. power generation sector
ORLANDO, Fla.–Siemens Energy announced today that it has teamed up with Intermountain Power Agency to perform a conceptual design study on integrating a hydrogen energy storage system into an advanced class combined cycle power plant.
Green hydrogen could be one of the key energy sources of the future – and Shetland’s Orion Project has one of the world’s most ambitious plans to generate it on a large scale.
- Hydrogen Minister Mick de Brenni joins Assistant Minister Lance McCallum and Queensland Hydrogen Champions Barry O’Rourke, Kim Richards and Les Walker at the hydrogen-powered BBQ.
Gladstone is fast on its way to becoming a renewable hydrogen superpower, with the proposed hydrogen plant project hitting milestones ahead of schedule.
Enegix Energy announces the world’s largest green hydrogen plant to be built in Ceará, Brazil, after signing MoU with the state government. Base One facility will produce more than 600 million kg of green hydrogen annually from 3.4GW of baseload renewable energy.
GEV Scoping Study: C-H2 Supply Chain Will Be a Competitive Large-Scale Marine Hydrogen Transport SolutionMarch 1, 2021 | 14 min read March 1, 2021 | 14 min read
- GEV has successfully completed a Scoping Study that confirms it can deliver an emission free compressed hydrogen (C-H2) supply
- The study demonstrates GEV’s C-H2 supply chain will be a competitive large-scale marine hydrogen transport solution up to 4,500 nautical miles (8,300 km).
- C-H2 provides a simple, efficient, zero emission supply chain for marine transport of 100% green hydrogen, considered to be the holy grail for a net-zero
- More than US$300B in hydrogen investments globally to be made through to 2030.
Global Energy Ventures Ltd (ASX: GEV, the Company) is pleased to announce the results of its Scoping Study that demonstrates it can deliver a technically feasible, zero emission compressed hydrogen (C-H2) supply chain with a competitive shipping range using 100% green hydrogen, consistent with a net-zero future.