“In an era of high energy and commodity prices, coupled with an inefficient energy system, making green hydrogen a global trade commodity is a fundamental prerequisite to accelerate the transition towards a more sustainable system based on renewables,” said Francesco La Camera, IRENA Director-General, at the Fifth Meeting of the Collaborative Framework on Green Hydrogen this week. The meeting provided a platform for IRENA Members to discuss plans for international trade of green hydrogen and derivatives, as well as challenges they encountered in moving from announcements to projects.
Elogen and HiFraser Group announce the signing of a collaboration agreement for the commercialization of electrolysers in Australia and New Zealand.
Throughout history, natural disasters — excessive heat, flooding, wildfires, massive storms, etc. — have had severe implications on everything from the environment to human health and the economy. Within the past 50 years, there were approximately 11,000 weather-related disasters driven by climate change, accounting for 2 million fatalities and $3.64 trillion in losses.
With the U.S. Department of Energy set to announce plans for $8 billion in funding for clean hydrogen hubs across the country, our new report finds that Houston, long considered the “Energy Capital of the World,” is well positioned to become a global clean hydrogen hub.
H-TEC SYSTEMS Introduces Scalable Hydrogen Cube System (HCS) for Hydrogen Production on an Industrial Scale and Expands Production CapacityMay 23, 2022 | 4 min read May 23, 2022 | 4 min read
Module concept for scalable electrolysis power in the multi-megawatt range enables large CO2 savings by using green hydrogen. H-TEC SYSTEMS provides information on the Hydrogen Cube System at the Hannover Messe.
Norwegian Hydrogen AS Is Moving Forward With Its Project to Establish Green Hydrogen Production at Hellesylt Within Q4 2023May 23, 2022 | 7 min read May 23, 2022 | 7 min read
Delivers zero-emission energy to the Geirangerfjord – years before the deadline for zero-emission-mobility-only
Msc World Europa Sets New Standards for Environmental Sustainability at Sea and Accelerates Msc Cruises’ Journey to Net ZeroMay 23, 2022 | 7 min read May 23, 2022 | 7 min read
- LNG-powered MSC World Europa will become first contemporary cruise vessel to incorporate fuel cell technology that has the potential to deliver significant CO2 emission reductions
- MSC Cruises’ newest vessel will also feature an additional range of solutions to help minimise her impact on the air and marine environments
- Ship to become the world’s largest LNG powered cruise ship and 20th in MSC Cruises’ fleet when she enters service in November
Progressus Clean Technologies Using Green Hydrogen Announces Intention to Help Accelerate Europe’s Transition Away From Russian Imports and Fossil FuelsMay 23, 2022 | 3 min read May 23, 2022 | 3 min read
- European Commission announces plan to transform Europe’s energy system ending dependence on Russian fossil fuels
- Commission proposes a new headline target to meet 45% renewable energy by 2030 including 10 million tonnes of domestic renewable hydrogen
- Progressus Clean Technologies, through its technology platform, intends to assist with Europe’s transition to renewable energy away from reliance on Russian imports of fossil fuels
- RePowerEU plan to require investment of additional 225 billion euros dedicated between now and 2027