India’s largest integrated energy company, NTPC Ltd., signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., Japan and its subsidiary Mitsubishi Power India Private Limited to demonstrate the feasibility for Hydrogen co-firing blended with natural gas in MHI 701D gas turbines installed at NTPC Auraiya Gas Power Plant in Uttar Pradesh. The total installed capacity of the Auraiya Gas Power Plant is 663 MW with four gas turbines operating in combined cycle mode. The MoU was signed by both companies in the presence of Shri Ujjwal Kanti Bhattacharya, Director (Projects), NTPC Ltd., Mr. Tatsuto Nagayasu, CMD, Mitsubishi Power India and Mr. Hiroyuki Shinohara, Vice President, Mitsubishi Power India.
KATHMANDU: Minister for Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation, Pampha Bhusal has said that the government’s goal is to develop water resources into hydropower and use them to produce hydrogen energy, ammonia and urea fertilizers.
- The hydrogen sector will become a major contributor to Oman’s GDP and external balances by 2030.
The Sultanate of Oman has a long pipeline of green hydrogen projects and the clearest strategy in the GCC for the industry’s development, according to a report of Oxford Analytica, an independent geopolitical analysis and advisory firm drawing on a worldwide network of experts.
JPJ has invited BMW to test its hydrogen fuel cell and Level 3 autonomous vehicles in Malaysia. This is after a four-day work visit to the carmaker’s home in Munich, Germany, led by JPJ deputy director-general (planning and operations) Aedy Fadly Ramly, set up by BMW Malaysia.
- The collaboration will also delve into implementing solar thermal technologies that will help in transforming the existing coal fire plants into green power plants in the country.
- Steinbeis is also in discussion with Council for Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) to support in establishing R&D, commercialisation, skill building and training centre for green hydrogen in India.
- The institute at Surathkal, while appealing for funding, intends to develop a Steam Biogas Reformer unit to extract hydrogen from biogas.
The National Institute of Technology-Karnataka (NIT-K), Surathkal, has initiated a pilot project to produce hydrogen, the future energy, from biogas.
- The region attracted 15 percent of global hydrogen infrastructure investments – Hydrogen Council report.
The Middle East has attracted 15 percent of the global hydrogen infrastructure investments of $24 billion announced through 2030, the third largest globally. Asia-Pacific region has attracted half the total and Europe a quarter, according to a report by the Hydrogen Council.
Equinix and NUS Centre for Energy Research & Technology Partner to Advance Hydrogen Technologies for Data CentersSeptember 21, 2022 | 6 min read September 21, 2022 | 6 min read
- Collaboration will explore and develop hydrogen fuel technologies for green data centers in tropical climates, with a long-term goal of adapting them for use in Equinix’s global network.
SINGAPORE and REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — Continuing its efforts to advance the sustainability of digital infrastructure and reach its climate neutral targets, aligned to science-based targets, by 2030, Equinix, Inc. ( Nasdaq: EQIX) today announced a partnership with the Centre for Energy Research & Technology (CERT) under the National University of Singapore’s (NUS) College of Design and Engineering to explore technologies that enable the use of hydrogen as a green fuel source for mission-critical data center infrastructure.
Provaris Signs MOU With Total Eren for Co-Operation on Green Hydrogen Projects Using Compressed Hydrogen Storage and Transport Solutions to Reach the Asian and European MarketsSeptember 15, 2022 | 3 min read September 15, 2022 | 3 min read
- Opportunities have been identified to be assessed between Total Eren and Provaris for the feasibility of importing hydrogen into Europe and Asia using Provaris’ compressed hydrogen supply chain.
- Agreement includes the development of solutions that will meet the requirements of offtakers, port authorities, shipyards, and ship operators.
- Agreement provides Provaris with a key partner to facilitate and accelerate the delivery of the first fleet of GH2 Carrier ‘H2Neo’, including investigation of future financing scheme.