London–Extreme E has today expanded its Scientific Committee with the appointment of Professor Carlos Duarte, one of the world’s leading minds on marine ecosystems. His appointment comes in advance of Extreme E’s opening race in Saudi Arabia as the series strengthens its commitment to raise awareness for the climate issues facing the locations in which it races.
- Study co-led by Berkeley Lab uncovers secret behind humble material’s surprise performance as an artificial photosynthesis device
Three years ago, scientists at the University of Michigan discovered an artificial photosynthesis device made of silicon and gallium nitride (Si/GaN) that harnesses sunlight into carbon-free hydrogen for fuel cells with twice the efficiency and stability of some previous technologies.
Tsuruga City, Fukui Prefecture and Toshiba Energy Systems Co., Ltd. are using “H2One” to fill fuel cell vehicles and generate electricity with green hydrogen derived from renewable energy.
New £9.4 Million Funding to Advance the Automotive Green Industrial Revolution Including Hydrogen Fuel Cells Has Been Announced by APCApril 5, 2021 | 4 min read April 5, 2021 | 4 min read
- The Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) welcomes £9.4 million funding for 22 feasibility studies into the future of the electric vehicle supply chain.
- Second round of funding through the Automotive Transformation Fund looks to scale up manufacturing processes and facilities to support the shift to net-zero emissions.
To support the future of green automotive manufacturing and accelerate the UK’s transition to net- zero emission vehicles, the Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) has guided £9.4 million in public funding to 22 feasibility studies looking to scale up the industrialisation of low-carbon emission vehicle technologies.
BioSolar Announces a $5.0 Million Registered Direct Offering to Help Lower Hydrogen Production CostsApril 5, 2021 | 3 min read April 5, 2021 | 3 min read
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. — BioSolar, Inc. (OTC: BSRC), a developer of energy technologies, today announced that it has entered into a securities purchase agreement with a single institutional investor to purchase in a registered direct offering 125,000,000 shares of common stock (or common stock equivalents in lieu thereof) and warrants to purchase up to an aggregate of 125,000,000 shares of common stock.
SANTA BARBARA, CA, — SunHydrogen, Inc. (OTC:HYSR), the developer of a breakthrough technology to produce renewable hydrogen using sunlight and water, today announced a US company, InRedox, will work on producing material components needed for GEN 2 manufacturing development.
Plug Power, Chart Industries and Baker Hughes Announce Their Intention to Become Cornerstone Investors in FiveT Hydrogen FundApril 5, 2021 | 6 min read April 5, 2021 | 6 min read
- Investments intend to establish market presence for the FiveT Hydrogen Fund and enable initial stages of activity.
- Combined investments of €260 million are part of a €1 billion Fund ambition, helping to drive development for climate change solutions and accelerate the energy transition to a net-zero future.
- Three companies each bring financial, strategic and technical expertise to help further develop the hydrogen economy.
EPFL engineers are taking part in PROMETEO – an EU research project to generate hydrogen on a large scale from renewable sources, in an effort to lower industrial carbon emissions.
QUT scientists have developed a process to capture carbon dioxide from the air into water and store it as non-toxic calcium carbonate (chalk), a key ingredient for cement production and other products, all potentially powered by solar or wind energy.
Researchers at the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft have developed a technology for the energy-efficient and economic separation of hydrogen from natural gas.