- Clarity Fuel Cell received a 360-mile driving range rating and offers quick refueling
- Vehicle qualifies for $5,000 California state rebate, single-occupant HOV access
- Honda intends for electrified vehicles to comprise two-thirds of its global automobile sales by 2030
TORRANCE, Calif–Arriving at select dealerships in California beginning April 16, 2019, the 2019 Honda Clarity Fuel Cell received an emissions-free 360-mile driving range rating1 and offers quick refueling at an exceptionally competitive lease price of $379 per month.
The Clarity’s spacious and sophisticated interior offers ample room for five, and every Clarity Fuel Cell comes standard with advanced technology, such as the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies, and Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration.
“The Clarity Fuel Cell is a compelling choice for customers who want to be on the leading edge of our low-carbon future in a practical vehicle, with premium features and at no compromise to range or refueling times,” said Steven Center, vice president of auto sales at American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
The 2019 Clarity Fuel Cell has a 360 mile EPA driving range rating, making it one of the highest rated zero-emission light-duty vehicles in America, including fuel cell and battery electric vehicles. In addition, the Clarity Fuel Cell received a 68 MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent) EPA combined fuel economy rating1, the highest rating for any light-duty fuel cell vehicle sold in America, and can be refueled in approximately three to five minutes using 70 MPa refueling stations.
Retail leasing of the Clarity Fuel Cell is available through a network of 12 approved Honda dealerships in select California markets, including six dealerships in Southern California (Los Angeles and Orange County areas), five in the San Francisco Bay Area, and one in the Sacramento area. The Clarity Fuel Cell offers a competitive lease price of $379 per month for 36 months with $2,878 due at signing2 with California customers eligible for a $5,000 rebate3. The lease terms include an attractive mileage allowance of 20,000 miles per year, up to $15,000 of hydrogen fuel, up to 21 days of access to a luxury vehicle from Avis while in California, 24/7 roadside assistance, and eligibility for California’s Clean Air Vehicle Stickers to allow single-occupant HOV access4.
Honda has invested more than $14 million in California’s hydrogen refueling network. With nearly 40 retail hydrogen stations across the state, it’s now more convenient than ever before to quickly refuel the Clarity Fuel Cell. Honda intends for electrified vehicles to comprise two-thirds of its global automobile sales by 2030. In North America, the Honda Electrification Initiative will see Honda’s electrified powertrain technologies applied to an expanding portfolio of cars and light trucks in the years ahead. Honda’s electrified vehicle lineup today includes the Clarity series, along with the Accord Hybrid and Insight.
Honda Clarity Series
As the next progression of Honda’s dynamic styling for electrified products, each model in the Clarity series – Clarity Plug-in Hybrid, Clarity Fuel Cell and Clarity Electric – has a low, wide aerodynamic body with unique design elements, including differentiated front styling, headlights, tail lamps and 18-inch alloy wheel designs. Each Clarity series vehicle also boasts a spacious interior with comfortable seating for five adults, outfitted with premium, environmentally responsible materials.
Offering Honda’s “fun-to-drive” DNA, each Clarity variant provides a refined driving experience, aided by the smooth and seamless character of electric drive torque and acceleration. The Clarity series features advanced technologies, including Display Audio with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay® integration, and the full suite of Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technologies.
With three different powertrains and luxury packaging, this shared “3-in-1” platform strategy is enabling Honda to respond to infrastructure and market developments, provide customers nationwide with an ultra-low carbon vehicle that meets their lifestyle needs, and will take Honda toward higher volume sales of advanced powertrain products that will help reduce CO2 emissions.
Honda offers a full line of reliable, fuel-efficient and fun-to-drive vehicles with advanced safety technologies sold through over 1,000 independent U.S. Honda dealers. The Honda lineup includes the Fit, Civic, Insight, Accord and Clarity series passenger cars, along with the HR-V, CR-V, Passport and Pilot sport utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan.
Honda has been producing automobiles in America for more than 35 years and currently operates 19 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2018, more than 90 percent of all Honda brand vehicles sold in the U.S. were made in North America, using domestic and globally sourced parts.
# # #
1. Based on 2019 EPA ratings. Use for comparison only. Your driving range and mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, powertrain age/condition, and other factors.
2. Total due at lease signing is $2,878 plus tax and registration, and includes first month’s payment and capitalized cost reduction of $2,499. Includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, registration, and license and dealer fees. For well qualified lessees. Subject to availability to California residents on approved credit through Honda Financial Services. Closed end lease for 2019 Honda Clarity Fuel Cell for well qualified lessees. Not all applicants will qualify. No purchase option at lease end. Total monthly payments $13,644. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear, and 20 cents per mile over 20,000 miles per year. Offer ends March 31, 2020 or until supplies last. Please see your authorized Honda Clarity dealer for complete details. Accessories sold separately.
3. Lease includes Roadside Assistance, up to $15,000 of hydrogen fuel, and up to 21 days Avis Group H luxury rental car (rental must initiate and end California).
4. Customers may qualify for the California State rebate of $5,000 and/or the California Clean Air Stickers.https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/decal; https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligibility-guidelines
Read the most up to date Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Industry news at FuelCellsWorks