- Arpa and Zoilo Ríos Create Shie, the First Aragonese Company to Offer Green Energy Hydrogen Services
- As a result of this union, the first private hydrogen production will be carried out in the autonomous community -initially located at the ARPA facilities in La Muela, Zaragoza- and the first Spanish hydrogen station will be built open to the public at the El Cisne 1 service station from the Zoilo Ríos Group on the A-2 motorway, towards Madrid.
This new joint venture will start up the first private Spanish hydrogeneration plant for public use and will use a leading fleet of hydrogen fuel cell cars.
SHiE will commercialize generation and dispensing modules and provide distribution services at service stations or to logistics consumers with fleets of forklifts, trucks and buses.
Zaragoza– Achieving the climate neutrality that the European Union aims to achieve in 2050 requires, as has been demonstrated in recent international events such as COP 26 held in Glasgow, to intensify actions aimed at decarbonizing the economy. In this scenario of collective commitment to reducing emissions, renewable energies and energy efficiency, the hydrogen economy is called to play an important role. This energy vector is able to cope with the stable supply of clean energy even in areas far from the distribution networks, and also allows to store and take advantage of surplus renewable production or to propose the decarbonization of sectors of difficult electrification such as heavy industry or transportation.
Aware of all this and with the aim of offering efficient energy systems mitigating climate change and making the energy transition possible, two Aragonese companies with long experience in their respective fields of activity such as Arpa Equipos Móviles de Campaña and Grupo Zoilo Ríos are have come together to launch SHiE with a clear purpose, to offer comprehensive solutions for the generation, transport, storage and dispensing of green hydrogen, produced 100% from renewable resources such as photovoltaic solar energy or wind energy.
SHiE, turnkey projects
SHiE offers a simple answer to the need to carry out decarbonization with an approach based on the simplest, lightest and most common element on the planet and that in addition to obtaining in a totally clean way, the renewable hydrogen. Specifically, SHiE will develop projects tailored to the client’s needs in any of the hydrogen phases:
- Production. Generation of 100% green hydrogen from renewable energies, which makes it possible to take advantage of the excess photovoltaic or wind production of the facilities and optimize the energy mix.
- Compression. Compression modules from 60 to 900 bars coupled to the production of hydrogen to minimize the necessary volume of storage and optimize the energy consumption of the installation.
- Storage. Storage systems in different formats and capacities, which are the perfect complement to renewable resources, inexhaustible, but not always available. The hydrogen obtained from them with an electrolysis process can be stored for a long time to later generate electricity on demand through fuel cells, thus acting as an energy vector that eliminates the main obstacle that renewable energies presented until now, the difficult which turns out to be stored.
- Transportation. Transport equipment for the distribution of hydrogen in supply stations, companies or at home.
- Dispensing. Dispensing systems for hydrogen fuel cell vehicles in facilities for own use or third parties.
In addition to turnkey projects, SHiE will carry out feasibility studies, market green hydrogen generation and dispensing modules, and provide hydrogen distribution and sale services in mobility (service stations) or to logistics and transportation consumers (fleets of forklifts, trucks and buses), rental of hydrogenerators and modular dispensers, maintenance and legalization of facilities or advice on access to financing. In addition to sustainability and capillarity, the main characteristic of all these systems is their scalability: they can be easily expanded as required by the client’s needs.
The collaboration between two companies that are committed to sustainability and social benefit, at the origin of SHiE.
SHiE is the result of the collaboration between two companies aware of the Sustainable Development Goals that make up the 2030 Agenda of the United Nations, such as ARPA Mobile Campaign Teams and the Zoilo Ríos Group, who are committed to their respective business strategies for a sustainable future and the achievement of the greatest social benefit.
After analyzing the great potential of green hydrogen to replace polluting energy sources and ensure that the main economic sectors achieve climate neutrality, both companies decided to create this new joint venture, taking advantage of their extensive experience in the installation of mobile solutions that will serve to generate and storing gas, in the case of ARPA, and in the supply of clean energy for sustainable mobility in its network of service stations, in that of Zoilo Ríos.
As a result of this union, the first private hydrogen production will be carried out in the autonomous community -initially located at the ARPA facilities in La Muela, Zaragoza- and the first Spanish hydrogenerator open to the public will be built at the El Cisne 1 service station from the Zoilo Ríos Group on the A-2 motorway, towards Madrid.
SHiE will also have the first fleet of hydrogen fuel cell cars in Aragon. Specifically, it will be two Toyota Mirai, delivered at the Toyota Artal de Zaragoza dealership. The Toyota Mirai is a fuel cell electric vehicle —Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) – 100% ecological, which does not produce any polluting emissions and uses hydrogen as fuel to generate electricity. It offers benefits and autonomy similar to those of any combustion car, with a refueling time of between 3 and 5 minutes, which confirms the suitability of this technology.
Read the most up to date Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Industry news at FuelCellsWorks