VANCOUVER, British Columbia–Clean Power Capital Corp. (CSE: MOVE)(FWB: 2K6)(OTC: MOTNF) (“Clean Power” or the “Company” or “MOVE”). The Company is pleased to announce that on March 23, 2021, the Company’s 94.5% subsidiary, PowerTap Hydrogen Fueling (“PowerTap”) provided an update on its completed design of its 3rd generation PowerTap hydrogen fueling units (“Gen3”).
As an investor of PowerTap, the Company wishes to share PowerTap’s update, which is a significant milestone for the Company’s investment.
PowerTap is finalizing its Gen3 modular blue hydrogen production and dispensing unit for deployment on existing US fueling stations. Figure 1 below is a process flow schematic, illustrating the production of hydrogen fuel through the series components of the Gen3 hydrogen fueling unit, with the produced hydrogen fuel being dispensed at pumps located at traditional gas stations. A combination of renewable gas, water and electricity are processed through the series of components in the Gen3 hydrogen fueling unit to produce hydrogen fuel as follows:
- Water Treatment – Water is treated to remove impurities and stored in a 250 gallon tank.
- Desulfurizer – The Desulfurizer component purifies the feedstock (renewable natural gas) for the reforming process.
- Steam Generator – Creates steam for the reforming process.
- Reformer – The Reformer component reforms steam and natural gas mixture to produce 75% of the hydrogen.
- Shift Reactor – The Water Gas Shift Reactor utilizes the CO2 produced in the reformer to produce the remaining 25% of the hydrogen.
- Reformate Compressors – The Reformate Compressors compresses the gas for the pressure swing absorbers purification.
- CO2 and H2 Pressure Swing Absorbers (PSAs) – The PSAs separate and refines reformate to: (i) 99.997% H2; and (ii) 99% CO2.
- Compressors –Hydrogen is compressed before being stored.
- Hydrogen Storage – The hydrogen product is stored in tanks.
- Distribution Chiller – The Chiller component chills the hydrogen before it is delivered to the distribution pump manifold.
- Dispensing Pumps – The produced and stored hydrogen fuel is then dispensed from the pumps to hydrogen fuel vehicles.
PowerTap’s Gen3 Modular H2 Production and Dispensing Unit
This onsite hydrogen production and dispensing unit uses steam methane reforming (SMR) technology coupled with an advanced CO2 capture system (CCS) to produce blue hydrogen. The PowerTap Gen3’s feedstock in this process is renewable natural gas (RNG), also referred to as biomethane or upgraded biogas. Common sources of RNG include landfills, animal manure, food scraps and wastewater sludge.
PowerTap Gen3’s advanced CCS uses a unique process incorporating a chemical reaction that consumes the CO2 and produces excess hydrogen. This excess hydrogen is converted into clean renewable electricity via a universal fuel cell and the produced electricity can be fed back into the local electric grid or used to create a renewable microgrid for local power distribution via a universal fuel cell to power the gas/truck stop facility at which the PowerTap unit is located.
PowerTap’s fueling technology can be used to fuel hydrogen cars, trucks, buses, boats material handling and other hydrogen vehicles that need modular onsite hydrogen production and fueling technology. PowerTap’s initial fueling units are being designed to be located at current retail gas stations to dispense hydrogen fuel to automobiles.
Mr. Raghu Kilambi, CEO of Clean Power stated, “Clean Power is very pleased with the development of its first investment in the hydrogen fueling industry. The Company continues to seek additional opportunities within the scope of its investment policy to pursue new potential investments.”
About Clean Power Capital Corp.
Clean Power is an investment company, that specializes in investing into private and public companies opportunistically that may be engaged in a variety of industries, with a current focus in the health and renewable energy industries. In particular, the investment mandate is focused on high return investment opportunities, the ability to achieve a reasonable rate of capital appreciation and to seek liquidity in its investments.
Learn more about Clean Power by visiting our website at: https://cleanpower.capital/