Crown Estate Scotland, on behalf of the Scottish Offshore Wind Energy Council (SOWEC), is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced consultancy to produce a study that identifies key risks and opportunities in the repurposing of existing Oil and Gas infrastructure for Hydrogen generation and transmission.
Risks and opportunities will be determined through a review of processes and engagement with stakeholders. The total value of this tender is 40 000.00 GBP
The study will assess capacity to deliver a “strong pipeline of hydrogen projects from late 2020s to 2050”
Description of the procurement
It is proposed that the study covers the following areas:
– Overview of development and consenting processes for a commercial-scale offshore Green and Blue Hydrogen production in the UK, utilising existing research and information where possible
– Overview of different Electrolyser technologies, with identification of those most suited for offshore hydrogen production
– Overview of fundamental approach to making best use of existing infrastructure including transmission lines, and platforms for generation and transmission.
– Overview and cost estimation for key enabling Hydrogen Supply Chain capability and infrastructure including existing offshore Oil and Gas infrastructure, electrolyser supply, port and quayside infrastructure, reinforced quayside areas (with services), operation and maintenance marine and quayside operations
– Cost comparison, and benefit analysis of onshore vs offshore Hydrogen production
– Identifying where generic “risks” in this process exist for a project developer, identified through review of process and engagement with relevant stakeholders. Risks relates to areas of uncertainty in terms of process, programme, cost, knowledge, stakeholders, consultation, etc. Risks to be scored (high, med, low)
– Mitigations to the risks identified above to be detailed, their impact scored, and potential actors identified
– Identifying where generic opportunities in this process exist for a project developer. Opportunities relate to the ability for some realistic action to positively impact process, programme, cost, knowledge, stakeholders and consultations by making realistic changes to approach, advance engagement with stakeholders and obtaining required knowledge. Opportunities to be scored (high, med, low), and potential actors identified
– Capacity of the above to deliver a strong pipeline of Hydrogen projects from late 2020s to 2050
– Consideration of desired UK content targets (including where relevant Scottish Government ambition for local content in ScotWind projects)
– Consideration of Industry demand in likely Hydrogen clusters
– Prioritised recommendations for further work, consistent with SOWEC Energy Transition vision
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at https://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=636691.
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available at https://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last-minute problems.
Read the most up to date Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Industry news at FuelCellsWorks