- The 2nd edition of the Sustainable Energy Europe Summit to take place on 28 – 30 September
- Ministerial Keynote Addresses to be delivered by European policy leaders
- Virtual networking will enable leaders around the world to connect and attend meetings
Europe’s extreme weather conditions observed in the past 12 months combined with the recent gas price surge highlight an urgent need to reform the continent’s energy sector.
To adequately respond to the rising energy demand after the pandemic and avoid further disruptions to businesses and households alike, policy makers are expected to place a strong focus on increasing renewable energy projects ensuring a more secure energy future in line with the ambitious climate goals already set by the EU Commission.
The challenge will be discussed in detail by several European Energy Ministers and key energy industry leaders who will share their current and upcoming policies and projects at the Sustainable Energy Europe Summit next week – a virtual event produced by the Sustainable Energy Council. Debates will reveal new business opportunities and policy announcements re-thinking the future of the energy sector in Europe.
Confirmed speakers include:
- H.E. João Pedro Matos Fernandes, Minister of Environment & Climate Action, Portugal
- H.E. Dan Jorgensen, Minister for Climate, Energy and Utilities, Denmark
- H.E. Michał Kurtyka, Minister of Climate and Environment, Poland
- H.E. Agnès Pannier-Runacher, Minister Delegate for Industry, Ministry of Economy, Finance and the Recovery, France
- H.E. Andreas Feicht, State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs & Energy, Germany
- H.E. Sara Aagesen Muñoz, Secretary of State for Energy, Spain
- Nelson Lage, Chairman of the Board, Portuguese Energy Agency (ADENE)
- Christian Pho Duc, Chief Technology Officer & Managing Director H2 Projects, Smartenergy
- Dr. René Cotting, Chief Financial Officer, Smartenergy
- Tom Rayner, CEO, Sillion
- Dr Martin Theuringer, Managing Director, Germany Steel Federation
- Dick Engelhardt, Member of the Board of Directors and Chief Development & Nautical Operations, North Sea Port
- Sally Prickett, Vice President Hydrogen Market Development, BP
The Summit is available to all professionals within the energy value chain seeking to establish cross-sector partnerships, put their questions directly to the decision-makers, or network with key energy stakeholders. You can register your place via: sustainableenerguyeurope.com
Sustainable Energy Europe Summit is sponsored by Smartenergy and Sillion and has widespread support from industry associations in Europe and beyond, including: Fuel Cells Works, Gas Infrastructure Europe, APREN, APESF, RNAE, APVE, Energyin, Lisboa-e-Nova, EUREC, ANESE, renews, Hydrogen Central, MESIA and H2 Chile.
About Sustainable Energy Council (SEC)
The Sustainable Energy Council (SEC) is a world-leading advisory, events and training producer for a cleaner and more sustainable world. SEC has created the Sustainable Energy Series and World Hydrogen Series, with events designed to enable participants to accelerate their respective actions towards their economic and climate sustainability goals.
Press Members are invited to attend and register via this link: https://www.sustainableenergyeurope.com/press-accreditation/