Bold leadership is needed in challenging times, and this is more evident now than ever as we navigate the COVID-19 global crisis. While the full scale of its consequences is still hard to predict, it is clear that this will be a defining moment for the energy transition and hydrogen as one of its key components.
Whether governments maintain an ambitious stance on climate action as part of their efforts to build a more resilient post-COVID19 world or dilute (or even abandon) their pre-crisis plans in favour of other priorities, will decide the fate of our energy system for at least a generation.
A newly elected Hydrogen Council Board, represented at the highest level by global CEOs, is committed to providing the necessary leadership to demonstrate a powerful vision and decisive action for a better energy future powered by hydrogen. Elected on 19th March 2020, the Hydrogen Council Board consists of:
- Air Liquide: Chairman and CEO, Benoît Potier
- Anglo American: Chief Executive, Mark Cutifani
- China Energy: President and CEO, Liu Guoyue
- Cummins: Chairman and CEO, Tom Linebarger
- ENGIE: Executive Vice-President, Gwenaëlle Avice-Huet
- Faurecia: CEO, Patrick Koller
- Hyundai Motor Group: Executive Vice Chairman, Euisun Chung
- Johnson Matthey: Chief Executive, Robert MacLeod
- Royal Dutch Shell: EVP New Energies, Elisabeth Brinton
- Sinopec: Vice President and Secretary to the Board of Directors, Wensheng Huang
- Line: CEO, Steve Angel
- Total: CEO, Patrick Pouyanné
- Toyota: Chairman of the Board of Directors, Takeshi Uchiyamada
Backed by the full Hydrogen Council membership of 80+ world-renowned companies who recognise the massive potential of hydrogen and share the mission to scale up solutions, we stand together ready to accelerate collaboration and contribution during this deeply challenging time.
Despite the hurdles, this is an historic opportunity to bring our current energy systems into a new reality, and we need everyone – businesses, governments, investors and the public – to join forces and help build a more sustainable, secure and resilient energy system, with hydrogen at its core.
We are here to do our part.
Read the most up to date Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Industry news at FuelCellsWorks