- HYVIA is the official partner of BWT Alpine F1 Team 2022 at the Formula 1 Grand Prix de France.
- From July 22 to 24, on the Circuit Paul Ricard in Le Castellet, the Alpine A522 will proudly display the logo of HYVIA, a joint venture between Renault Group and Plug dedicated to hydrogen mobility.
- This partnership embodies the strong links between Renault Group, BWT Alpine F1 Team and Plug as well as their common investment in high-end technology and the transition to low-carbon mobility, with a major anchorage in France.
- This is a first step towards a future collaboration between HYVIA and BWT Alpine F1 Team for its logistic needs. HYVIA provides professionals with a range of 3 Renault Master H2-TECH (Van, Chassis Cab and City Bus).
- HYVIA is also the official partner of the Smart & Sustainable Mobility Forum 2022 organized by the Formula 1 Grand Prix de France on the Circuit Paul Ricard.
- On July 22, David Holderbach, CEO HYVIA, will participate in the conference “Fueling the future with hydrogen” and speak about the challenges of hydrogen mobility with major actors of the H2 sector.
- Through this event, HYVIA, Renault Group, BWT Alpine F1 Team, Plug and the Grand Prix de France reinforce their commitment to sustainable mobility.
- At the Forum, HYVIA will exhibit the Renault Master Van H2-TECH, its H2 refueling station and a fuel cell prototype: illustrations of its complete and unique hydrogen ecosystem.
“Renault Group has strong ambitions in Formula 1 with BWT Alpine F1 Team and in hydrogen mobility with HYVIA, the joint venture we created with Plug. Complementary to our electric offer, hydrogen provides a promising carbon free mobility alternative to support the energy transition.”
Luca de Meo, CEO Renault Group
“As leader in hydrogen solutions, Plug share the values of high-technology excellence with BWT Alpine F1 Team and with HYVIA. Plug already brings its expertise to HYVIA on fuel cells, H2 refueling stations and electrolyzers.”
Andy Marsh, CEO Plug
“One year after its creation, HYVIA begins the launch of three hydrogen-powered light commercial vehicles with a complete and unique H2 ecosystem. It is a major human, technological and industrial challenge that we share with Renault Group, Plug and BWT Alpine F1 Team.”
David Holderbach, CEO HYVIA
“The Formula 1 Grand Prix de France is pleased to organize for the second consecutive year this Forum dedicated to the mobility of tomorrow. This moment of discussion will be an opportunity to recall that motorsport is a wonderful laboratory for transferring technologies from the track to the road, with the aim of safer and more sustainable mobility.”
Éric Boullier, General Director GIP Grand Prix de France – Le Castellet
“HY” for hydrogen, “VIA” for road: HYVIA paves a new way forward for carbon-free mobility, with hydrogen mobility solutions. Created in June 2021, HYVIA is a joint venture equally owned by Renault Group, a dominant player in the automotive industry, and Plug, a world leader in turnkey hydrogen and fuel cell solutions. Based in France, for European markets, HYVIA offers a complete and unique ecosystem that includes light commercial vehicles with fuel cells, hydrogen refueling stations, supply of carbon-free hydrogen, services for financing and maintenance of fleets. https://www.hyvia.eu
About Renault Group
Renault Group is at the forefront of a mobility that is reinventing itself. Strengthened by its alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors, and its unique expertise in electrification, Renault Group comprises 5 complementary brands – Renault, Dacia, LADA, Alpine and Mobilize – offering sustainable and innovative mobility solutions to its customers. Established in more than 130 countries, the Group has sold 2.7 million vehicles in 2020. It employs more than 160,000 people who embody its Purpose every day, so that mobility brings people closer. Ready to pursue challenges both on the road and in competition, Renault Group is committed to an ambitious transformation that will generate value. This is centred on the development of new technologies and services, and a new range of even more competitive, balanced, and electrified vehicles. In line with environmental challenges, the Group’s ambition is to achieve carbon neutrality in Europe by 2040. https://www.renaultgroup.com
Plug is building the hydrogen economy as a global leading provider of comprehensive hydrogen fuel cell turnkey solutions. Plug has deployed over 50,000 fuel cell systems, designed, and built 160 refueling stations that dispense more than 70 tons of hydrogen daily, and is a technology leader in green hydrogen solutions via electrolysis. Present in Europe for more than 10 years, Plug has significant references in hydrogen mobility with key European industrials, logistics customers and vehicle manufacturers. Pluginstalled several PEM technology electrolyzers in Germany, France, The Netherlands, and Portugal. The company has deployed more fuel cell systems for electromobility than anyone else in the world. https://www.plugpower.com