Seeking innovations for the adoption of hydrogen infrastructure and supply chain technologies
BOSTON — Fraunhofer TechBridge is now accepting applications for the H2 Refuel Accelerator, in partnership with two of the country's leading cleantech startup incubators, Urban Future Lab at NYU Tandon in Brooklyn, NY and Greentown Labs in Somerville, MA. The H2 Refuel Accelerator, sponsored by Shell, Toyota and NYSERDA, is seeking innovations for the adoption of hydrogen infrastructure and supply chain technologies through cost reduction, reliability and new capabilities. Solutions of interest to both Shell and Toyota include, among others:
- Startup technologies that promote reduction of capital costs, operating costs or streamlining of infrastructure construction
- Startup technologies that increase the reliability of hydrogen infrastructure and capabilities on a global scale
- New capabilities in the full range of the hydrogen value chain and infrastructure
Applicants will be evaluated based on the potential impact of their solution to enhance current and future markets using hydrogen as an energy source for mobility. This program offers unparalleled collaboration opportunities for startups that want to bring their technology from concept to market with the support of Shell and Toyota. The selected awardee(s) are eligible for one or more of the following:
- Up to $50,000 in startup technology validation, demonstration and piloting services from Fraunhofer USA Centers or Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft Institutes
- Desk space at one or both of the partnered incubators
- 80+ hours of training and mentorship from the region's top business and industry experts
- Access to mentors and connections from Shell and Toyota's networks as well as the combined networks of the Urban Future Lab and Greentown Labs
Moreover, this opportunity provides the context and framework to build close relationships with Shell and Toyota which may, upon program conclusion, potentially result in an investment, joint development agreement, technical project, pilot and/or additional partnership format(s).
Through the synergistic capabilities of Urban Future Lab, Greentown Labs and the Fraunhofer TechBridge Program, innovative energy-related startups and larger corporate partners are able to mitigate the 'industry-readiness barrier' and form lasting and meaningful partnerships. Urban Future Lab, Greentown Labs and Fraunhofer TechBridge lead the Northeast community in their capacity to build, test and launch successful game-changing energy technologies into the marketplace. The combination of incubation space, services and technical capacity provided by Urban Future Lab, Greentown Labs and Fraunhofer TechBridge offer one of the most successful technology acceleration models in the country.
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is supporting the H2 Refuel Accelerator through its ACRE incubator at the Urban Future Lab. This funding will be used to accelerate the commercialization of promising clean energy technology in New York State through collaboration with industry leading corporations and partners. Additionally, this program provides an opportunity to attract fuel cell companies to and showcase fuel cell companies from New York State helping to grow New York State's cleantech economy.
Proposals are due by March 13, 2019 at: www.h2refuelaccelerator.com. Applicant and awardees' intellectual property is fully protected throughout the review process and the accelerator program.