South Korean Govt to Invest US$8.4 million in the Installation of Hydrogen Stations Using Biogas

By March 23, 2019 < 1   min read  (123 words)

March 23, 2019 |

South Korean Hydrogen Bus

On Thursday March 21, 2019, the South Korea Government announced that it plans to 9.5 billion won (US$8.4 million) over the next three years to establish hydrogen fueling stations that use biogas.

The Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy Industry said the 3 year project will be linked to hydrogen buses and its vision of a hydrogen society where hydrogen is the main source of energy.

As of the end of 2016 , a total of 300 million ㎥ of biogas has been produced, of which 80% is used for power generation and the remaining 20% has been discarded

Using the unused biogas and turning it into hydrogen will be the equivalent of refueling 4,000 hydrogen fuel cell powered buses.

Read the most up to date Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Industry news at FuelCellsWorks


Author FuelCellsWorks

More posts by FuelCellsWorks
error: Alert: Content is protected !!