The Strengths of the PPI Compressor Line Address the Key Requirements for Hydrogen Applications
ARVADA, Colo.— Sundyne, a leader in the design and manufacture of mission critical pumps & compressors, today highlighted the areas where its PPI diaphragm compressors are being used for Hydrogen applications around the globe. Sundyne also underscored the reasons why customers are choosing PPI compressors for Hydrogen applications.
“As every industry investigates ways to reduce its carbon footprint, Hydrogen is rapidly becoming a favorable alternative, because it can be used to supply nearly every energy sector, and it’s also a common raw material for the energy-intensive process industries,” said Sundyne’s Value Stream Leader for the PPI line of diaphragm compressors Josephine Truitt. “These are markets where Sundyne is well known, and today, we’re aggressively targeting Hydrogen applications, because they’re well suited for our PPI line of diaphragm compressors.”
In power generation, Hydrogen can be stored, which makes it an attractive complement for balancing fluctuating & intermittent sources of renewable energy. For transportation, Fuel Cell technology makes industrial vehicles & long haul busses emission free. Refineries are investigating how chemically-transformed hydrogen can be used to produce alternative fuels. Construction/industrial markets see Hydrogen as a potential alternative to heat commercial buildings. And the Chemical industry has a long history of processing hydrogen to make products and also producing Hydrogen as a byproduct of other activities.
Customers in each of these industries require the following characteristics from the compressors that handle Hydrogen, and each is a strength of PPI compressors:
- High Compression Ratio: PPI diaphragm compressors are designed to meet the pressures required by mobility applications and industrial de-carbonization projects. Multiple members in the product family ensure a custom-fit for a wide range of Hydrogen applications.
- Product Purity: PPI compressors feature triple diaphragm sets which ensure that the process gas is isolated from the hydraulic oil.This provides absolute process purity, which is critical for fuel cell applications – as even the slightest contamination can damage the fuel cell.
- Reliability: Every process-contacting part in a PPI compressor is made from corrosion resistant alloys, making them ideal for hydrogen processing, as well as other applications involving hazardous gasses.
- Environmental Safety: The static seals in PPI compressors ensure zero leakage of process gas to the atmosphere, and PPI’s Leak Detection System immediately detects diaphragm or seal failure.
- Lower Energy Costs: PPI’s rugged crank cases and drive trains are specially designed to deliver maximum compression at the lowest energy cost.
- Support for Industry Standards: All PPI compressors meet API 618 standards.
- Explosion-Proof Certification: to meet the various standards that address requirements for explosion-proof environments, around the globe.
- Custom Engineering: Sundyne collaborates with customers to manufacture customized PPI systems that are optimized for the gas pressure, molecular weight, heat, corrosion and velocity of each customer’s application. Sundyne utilizes the latest technology in solids modeling and FEA analysis to ensure that all working components are designed & tested to minimize wear, improve sealing and reduce corrosive & erosive effects.
- Global Support: Sundyne’s global network of channel partners provide prompt & complete support (and spare parts) anywhere around the globe.
“For more than 20 years, Sundyne’s compressors have played an important role in the production, transportation and distribution of Hydrogen around the globe,” concludes Josephine Truitt. “Today, we’re seeing tremendous demand for our PPI compressors, because their strengths fit perfectly with the requirements that hydrogen processors face today.”
To learn more about how Sundyne is helping to fuel the hydrogen economy, please visit:
Headquartered in Arvada, Colorado with operations and presence in Europe, the Middle East, India, Asia, Japan and China, Sundyne is a global manufacturer of precision-engineered, highly reliable, safe and efficient centrifugal pumps and compressors for use in chemical, petrochemical, hydrocarbon, hydrogen, pharmaceutical, power generation and industrial applications. Sundyne is the world leader in delivering low-flow, high-head integrally geared centrifugal pumps and compressors, safe and leakage-free sealless magnetic drive centrifugal pumps and diaphragm compressors. Sundyne pumps and compressors are also available in API, ANSI/ASME, ISO, and other industry compliant designs. To learn more about the Sundyne family of precision-engineered pumps and compressors, please visit http://www.sundyne.com.
Read the most up to date Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Industry news at FuelCellsWorks