We’re seeking views on hydrogen transport and storage infrastructure business model designs, regulatory arrangements, strategic planning and the role of blending.
This consultation closes at 11:45pm on 22 November 2022.
Following government’s commitment in the British Energy Security Strategy to design new business models for hydrogen transportation and storage infrastructure by 2025, this consultation seeks views on:
- design options for hydrogen transport and storage infrastructure business models
- the need for a strategic planning function to guide the rollout of hydrogen transport and storage infrastructure, and potential implementation options
- whether the existing market framework and industry commercial arrangements are optimal for supporting the deployment of hydrogen transport and storage infrastructure
- the suitability of the non-economic regulatory framework across the hydrogen value chain
- the extent to which blending might help provide market-building benefits for the hydrogen economy, including by bringing forward investment in hydrogen production while larger-scale hydrogen transport and storage infrastructure is being developed
This consultation will be of interest to hydrogen economy stakeholders, including:
- hydrogen producers
- hydrogen consumers
- gas transporters
- gas shippers
- storage operators
- consumer champions
- trade associations
But any organisations or individuals are welcome to respond.
Read the most up to date Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Industry news at FuelCellsWorks