The APPG has launched an inquiry into the role of hydrogen in powering industry.
The APPG’s inquiry will explore the role and potential of hydrogen in powering industry and policies required to accelerate hydrogen’s potential, unlocking the wider hydrogen economy, providing high skilled jobs across the UK and support the Government’s net-zero targets.
The APPG’s call for evidence will also look at what steps need to be taken to ensure that hydrogen in part of the solution to a greener future.
The APPG is inviting written submission to inform this inquiry. Submissions should be a maximum of two pages and submitted to [email protected].
It should focus on but not be limited to:
- The role and potential of hydrogen across different UK industry sectors including but not limited to heating, chemicals, oil and gas and carbon capture and storage.
- What UK industry sectors can particularly benefit from hydrogen
- Issues around Hydrogen production, transmission, distribution and storage
- How hydrogen can help the UK meet its net-zero target
- Hydrogen’s potential to support and create high-skilled jobs in the UK
- What opportunities are there to accelerate hydrogen activity in the UK
- How to achieve an economic and timely transition to hydrogen that retains and promotes UK industry
- The policies required to unlock the UK hydrogen economy
The APPG is also requesting case studies, statistics and any practical examples of research or studies undertaken on how hydrogen will contribute to the decarbonising of industry, as well as how hydrogen will benefit jobs, skills, the economy and the wider net-zero landscape.
Deadline for submissions:
The deadline for written submissions is Tuesday 20 April at 17:00.