With all the possibilities of the GM 500H2, there are no more excuses not to go green even if the city does not have a hydrogen refueling infrastructure.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands — Green Machines, a global leader with a world-class reputation in creating innovative and technologically advanced outdoor city cleaning equipment, today announces the introduction of the Green Machines 500H2TM – the latest street sweeper with a hydrogen fuel cell that converts oxygen and hydrogen into electricity.
The newest member of the high-quality 500-series, worldwide known for its lasting performance for a clean city and environment with unbeatably low energy costs, comes in an improved and more environmentally-friendly edition. The GM 500H2 is created based on its predecessor – the world’s first fully-electric sweeper GM 500ze, but with lots of new possibilities.
Green Machines will once again lead the way by becoming the first OEM of street sweepers that offers a hydrogen fuel cell in their portfolio. Green Machines is convinced that hydrogen will play a key role in reducing carbon emissions to reach ambitious global goals.
The hydrogen fuel cell uses oxygen and hydrogen to produce electricity that powers the sweeper. The only by-product of the machine usage is water, which is another breakthrough in the field of outdoor cleaning smart solutions.
The unique part is that the GM 500H2 is flexible since it also offers another world premiere system: the H2-POD.
The H2-POD solves the issue of having to invest in expensive H2 fueling infrastructure. The H2-POD is a flexible cartridge system that allows you to refill the machine whenever and wherever you want. So, there are no more excuses if you lack the H2-infrastructure because the H2-POD offers you the solution to go green.
Those who have an H2-infrastructure in place can opt for the 500H2 with an installed fixed tank, which allows the machine to be refueled in just a few minutes. Green Machines is proud to offer you solutions to overcome hurdles that now belong to the past. The future has finally arrived.
Another advantage of GM 500H2 is that it is swappable, meaning that everyone can switch to hydrogen. The owners of the current GM 500ze, which runs on Li-Ion batteries, don’t have to buy a new green machine to have the smartest sweeper. They can request an offer to change their Li-Ion Light Pack or Li-Ion Plus Pack type of GM 500ze with one of the two hydrogen options.
“In the time of the global pandemic, maybe we should finally realize that the Earth’s environment is under severe stress from uncontrolled human activity, threatening the survival of our society. We are dedicated to minimizing our own impact and maximizing the effective use of resources. That’s why we have created the new GM 500H2, a completely eco-friendly street sweeper, a smart solution for smart and green cities. We strive to achieve our vision by executing excellence in being the first in bringing new products and innovations to the market that will change the way we think and work.“ says Guido Wagenmans, Director of Green Machines.
Key features of the 500 H2 include:
· Innovative power supply.
- The hydrogen is the cleanest It is produced from clean renewable resources. When consumed in a fuel cell, it produces only water.
- Zero harmful No CO2 at all.
· Refueling in just a few minutes
- Compared to a battery powered sweeper like our own 500ze, the advantage of hydrogen lies also in the refueling A hydrogen fuel cell sweeper like the 500H2 takes only a few minutes to refuel. This allows you to run the machine for multiple shifts. So, the same advantage as you are used to have with a combustion engine, but now with no noise and no emissions.
· Maximum flexibility; 2 options!
- The fixed tank type is an excellent choice for the cities that already have hydrogen refueling It will provide you a full day shift
- Any city can be smart and green with the H2-POD cartridge system, since it works with replaceable H2- This game-changing design offers you the chance to switch to hydrogen even if you lack the infrastructure. Simply replace the empty H2-POD wherever and whenever you want and you are good to go in a few minutes.
- Owners of the predecessor GM 500ze do not have to buy a new Green Machines are flexible, so they can purchase any of the two hydrogen options and replace their Li-ion batteries with hydrogen power.
- Both machines from the 500 series are extremely It is difficult to hear it even if the whole city is silent. That makes this machine perfect for cleaning the streets near sound-sensitive environments such as schools and hospitals.
- With its silent operation, compact design and small dimensions, the 500H2 is almost invisible to
· Superior cleaning and dust control.
- Due to its unique and patented dust control systems, the 500H2 is the best solution to keep your city center and pedestrian areas
· Swift, safe and comfortable.
- Moves swiftly at speeds of up to 25 kph
- Delivers a car-quality operator experience through its superb ergonomic design and industry-leading operator
The 500H2 solves all your issues by offering our unique game-changing solutions, therefore no more boundaries, excuses, and wasting time. Every city on the planet can go green and be smart.
The Green Machines 500-series; Your Smart and Flexible Solution for the Smart Cities.
About Green Machines
Green Machines is among the oldest manufacturers of sweepers, dating back to 1964 and having its roots in Scotland. The company is a global leader with a world-class reputation in creating innovative and technologically advanced outdoor city cleaning equipment. Green Machines’ sweepers incorporate more than 50 years of continuous product improvements and innovation. Designed for performance, safety, and sustainability, Green Machines’ sweepers clean paved areas and other pedestrian spaces without disrupting the citizens. They reach difficult areas effortlessly, keep dust to a minimum and can be seen on the streets of the world’s most prestigious locations. The company has played a major role in changing the industry to be more efficient and sustainable as a whole. Green Machines strives to develop and produce sustainable sweeping machines combined with excellent performance for a better world.
Read the most up to date Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Industry news at FuelCellsWorks